View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
....I have ended up using the F208's HF cut (the full -1dB for now, very useful and non-intrusive) to achieve a balance I like. I find no need for the foam plugs. The balance top to bottom is sweet with no bothersome resonant peaks in the mid and high end (I like it painless) and a refined balance between bass, treble and the sumptuous, detailed and revealing mid-band these speakers are capable of. I am ready to install the spikes, which I'll do today.
I thought they were too bright at first, during break in, I also had to run the tweeters at -1, but after break in, the tweeters became as sweet as anything I have heard. But, it does take constant running for at least 2 weeks.

I fell in love with the 208's (after break in) and they replaced the B&W802D2 in my music listening area. 802s are now the HT speakers, still amazing speakers, but I prefer the 208's for music. That the $5k Revels sound better to my ear than $15K 802D2's might sound crazy, but as you can hear for yourself - they are truly fantastic.

Can't wait to hear your impressions if you A/B the 208's with the Salons. Would be interesting to blind test them like I did with the 802s.