Thread: HDTV Shoot-Out
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2015, 06:15 PM
Semi-audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwhog View Post
Thank you, yep I am thinking my DLP 73 Mitsubishi is still not only working great, but to be honest I went and got a top end LG in led/lcd and it was not near as nice as the DLP set. The LG went back

Sure the DLP's take up a little less space etc, but that is not an issue. So sad to see Mitsubishi drop out of the TV world, they had partnered with NEC whom has always made one of the best PC LCD's you can buy. They did briefly even make a non dlp set that i think was LCD and it was very nice too.

Does seem to me that the OLED is the best of the best and hope to seem them drop the price 40-50% in a year or 2. the 4k think and 3d hmmm well I just would like a nice 85" or so set, heck even up to a 100" if I can swing the cost.

thank you
It must be nice to have the room for something that large. With my room and limitations I'd need a 55", which would be plenty big in here.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks