View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 01:56 PM
Music Lover

"It's also nice to hear consistent reporting on the differences between the GMs and the GH."

I'll add to the consistency. Steve and Alberto do a great job of describing the differences. Right now I have both and hope I never have to sell either. The GM's were sitting idle and the thought crossed my mind mainly because they weren't being used and THAT is a shame. Soooooo, I hooked up a couple of my vintage Marantz receivers to them for fun. It acually sounds pretty good. I had my doubts and thought it had the makings of a colossal mismatch but once again, the G's please.

I read where the G's "had a way of making your amps sound better". Never heard that about a speaker before. Usually you're trying to match the speaker with the best amp for it. So far I have run 300b and 845 SETs and 4 vintage Marantz receivers on them, all enjoyable. The main system is a Conrad Johnson preamp and Pass XA.5 amp. More fitting of the G's.

Steve, did the sound of the GM's change much after the first couple months and did the color darken up after 14 months?