View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 02:22 PM
Chief Toneologist

I can only speak for the Guarneri Homage vs. Auditors (non-M) since those are the ones I had. When a pair of mint GHs was available near my home (5-miles away) for $6K, I jumped at them and later, after making sure I preferred them, I sold the Auditors.

In terms of looks, the GH are, IMO, the most beautiful speakers in the world. I love them at first sight and I still enjoy their looks everyday. In pictures, they might seem similarly sized as the Auditors, but they must be 3x the volume at least.

In terms of sound, the GH are less forgiving than the auditors, go deeper with the bass (though I still like a couple of subs to round and fill the lower octave,) and sound overall much more refined and realistic in the mid and treble. The Auditors had a bit of an edge when it came to "disappearing" and casting a VERY wide soundstage. Fortunately, I prefer a bit tighter soundstage.

Both are excellent speaker in their own merit and price range, but there's no doubt in my mind that, with the right source and amplification, the Guarneri would be a better choice if the budget allows.

I can't ever see myself selling my GHs.

Alberto