View Single Post
Old 09-03-2019, 01:19 PM

Default MVP901 Oppo replacement

Wel I got my 205 back when they were still in full production to replace my 95 that worked great and sold it to a buddy and he loves it still.

But any thoughts on this new MVP901 and how good it may be etc. McIntosh needs to make sure that firmware get updated regularly for a BD player, and their past on these digital machines has always seemed to be one of only a few down falls for MAC.

I don't think I am going to get this unit, maybe if the reviews are stellar, but for those with the budget and looking to replace the now defunct OPPOs this may be an avenue for audio-video-elites

costly too
The MVP901 is an all-new product from McIntosh, and is a significant departure from its predecessor, the MVP891. While it carries forward a retail price of $5500 USD, the MVP901 offers a new video engine, completely revised audio circuitry, considerably more connectivity, and a smaller, redesigned remote control.

link to specs https://www.mcintoshlabs.com/product...players/MVP901

Down side other than cost I see only 1 HDMI, no surround RCA ports. Only HDMI for surround, but supports SACD yeah!

Opinions, more info? Glad to see that McIntosh is making this unit

Last edited by djwhog; 09-03-2019 at 01:23 PM.