View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoff View Post
It looks like the show was a complete success. Thousands of attendees including young first-time attendees, and high praise by all (including press). And much praise to the first time organizers! Well, well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOphile View Post
A big +1 for this. After the debacles in LA and the demise of audio at CES, this looks promising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgens View Post
From what I’ve read about the show, it was a resounding success. I wish there could be something similar in Phoenix during January or February.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreginNH1 View Post
Mike and others did a great job. From what I understand, there was a significant component of younger attendees - which of course, is promising news for the industry.
I was there on Saturday and all of this was true. It was one of the most positive and upbeat show atmospheres that I have experienced.
The younger aged attendees as well as more female diversity most likely contributed to this. The turnout was big, but still easy to navigate.

The sound in many rooms was very good and due to the hotel construction there was less sound intrusion from room to room.
Based on the success and praise from vendors and show goers I expect the 2020 show will book quickly.

Boulder 1160 Amp, 1110 Pre-Amp
Audio Research Ref. 3 Phono-Pre
Vivid Audio Giya G2S2 Speakers
MSB Reference DAC
Innuos Statement w/Next Gen. PS
B & W DB1D Subwoofer X2
Audioquest Niagara 5000 Power Conditioner
Kronos Pro Turntable w/Kronoscope RS tonearm + SCPS-1 PS + MSL Platinum Cart.
VPI HW-40 Turntable w/ Lyra Etna cartridge
Jay's Audio CDT3-MK3 CD Transport
Schiit Mjolnir 2 HPA + Audeze LCD X headphones
Adona Equipment Rack and Amp Stands
Furutech Outlets and Plates + NCF Booster
Shunyata Cables
Synergistic Research Galileo SX Ground Block, FEQ 4, Black Box + Room Acoustic treatments