View Single Post
Old 01-23-2017, 05:40 PM
Semi-audiophile

Having lived with the MD 102 for a while, I can say it's a good-sounding, solid tuner. Once in a while I think it would be nice to have AM also, but that doesn't morph into anything. My main option regarding AM would be the McIntosh MR87, I guess.

Following the recent change in power cords on my C2300 to a Transparent High Performance (HPPC), I'm wondering about changing out the interconnects on the MD102, from Kimber Hero to Transparent Plus. An obscure question, perhaps, but does anyone here have experience with Kimber and Transparent ICs on their MD tuner? And if so, which brand worked best for you. This doesn't have to be strictly Hero vs. Plus ICs, but any Kimber or Transparent model used and what the impressions were. The more info I can gather, the easier a decision will be. My general thought is the Plus might be a bit smoother.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks