View Single Post
Old 10-09-2016, 06:08 AM
Semi-audiophile

Default Shipping Headaches

Last Saturday (10/1) I took the boxed-up MD90 to a FedEx location to return it to Magnum Dynalab. I signed some paperwork and off it went, or so I thought.

Thursday I came home to find a FedEx door tag. Not having ordered anything that I remembered, I went online to track it, and discovered that they're attempting to return the package to me, citing "improper or missing paperwork – inadequate descriptions" in the tracking info. Further, there was confusion regarding the shipping address—I had asked MD if I should use the address on the 102's box or is there another address, and was told to use the address on the box; that address is in Canada. That seemed to be part of the problem, so I called MD and spoke to Jim Richards. The proper address is in Buffalo NY. He thought that was on the label, apparently. He gave me the correct address and I called FedEx Thursday evening in an attempt to reroute the MD90.

Early Friday afternoon I followed up with FedEx and gave them the proper destination address and was told the package would be rerouted. I got home Friday and had a message from FedEx (probably from the LIC distribution center), left about an hour after the follow-up call I placed while at work, saying that there were no scans on the package and to call FedEx. I did that again, and was assured the package was being re-routed to the the proper address. Meantime, online tracking shows the third attempt at returning the package is set for tomorrow, 10/10. I plan to call FedEx in the AM and see where things are if the tracking info hasn't updated. My thought is to refuse the package if I'm here when they come and give the driver the same info I gave FedEx.

This is annoying. But, it seems there were missteps all around.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks