View Single Post
Old 01-01-2018, 05:22 PM
Ultra-Fast 69

Follow up to my problem last night.

I have been hooked on the Aurender N10, it just makes it too easy and love the way it sounds coming from a Mac Mini way back in 2017. I have been comparing the Aurender against hi res downloads, and what Memory Player does for RedBook and SACD’s - I was curious why the SACD kept losing out.

So I decided to pull the filter to see what the affect would be like, plugged the power back in and the “white screen” appeared. I said to myself, “since I am not going to let the little things bother me in 2018, I will just let out one loud “$&#@“ as the unit is under warranty.

The system was still totally functional with the remote, just a “white screen”, kinda like Poltergeist, and knew it was not like the dreaded “blue screen on a PC”

So after I cycled power a few times, and NOT waiting for a few minutes in between like the manual says, I plugged only the power cable in with no filter and let it sit overnight.

Today, all is perfect, not saying the filter had anything to do with it but maybe going from filtered to non-filtered did do something? Odd, I know but nothing else occurred.

I updated the setting back to Stereo SACD and so far, so good, I mean I am into hours of listening and know I need to move and socialize with the family or the day will be blown listening to music - it’s that good.

Happy New Year!