View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Lax View Post
So many factor go into this. I remember reading an article by XLO's founder and he said that most people think differences can only be heard on uber high end systems. He claimed that he found that the inverse to be true. ?????
Whenever I read that changes are more easily heard on "uber high end systems" I think back on my old components and how I heard cable differences in all the iterations of my music system, from vintage Pioneer and JBL's to the Levinson and Vienna Acoustics I presently enjoy. I do think that my current electronics allow me to be pickier, due to them being less of a limiting factor in performance.

I'm not sure I've ever said to myself, at any point while auditioning a variety of cables, "these two cables sound the same."

During auditions I've done, I have thought to myself that certain cables are vastly overrated, although they had been raved about or highly touted.

south: Mark Levinson No. 52 pre, Bricasti M28 amps, Lumin A1, Oppo BDP-205, Pioneer CT-43, Sony SS-AR1 Speakers, Audioquest Dragon PCs, Audioquest speaker cables, Audioquest interconnects, HB Power Design Powerslave Star Galaxy power distributor

north: Vitus SIA-030, Luxman D10X, Sony TC-KA3ES, Harbeth 40.2, Siltech cables