View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioextreme View Post
Hello everyone. I want to get subs for home theater only. I already own a pair of REL 25's but those will only be used for 2 channel audio, as they don't perform as well for HT use but are absolutely marvelous for music.

My room is: 19 X 21 X 8 feet. The room has three walls and one wall is open to another room.

I'm considering getting 2 gotham's or getting 2 212's. Which would be better? Would the gotham's be too much bass for my room? I have room in the budget for both but don't want to kill the room with so much bass.

I also have bass traps all over the room to clean up the bass.

Sorry I just realized the title of this thread doesn't make sense. It should read "debating 212's vs 2 gothams"

I chose 2 Gothams. Each one weighs around 400lbs and they are more than I'll ever need for my room. That said, the construction of the cabinet and the headroom they offer make them disappear. I can't compare to the 212 because I never heard them but the Gotham is very capable for movies and music. Solid deep bass down to the last octave. I have the version 1 and expect v2 to be even better.