View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 05:03 PM
I don't know a thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
Lou.......All of my pro monitors (9) in the studio have no grills. It's not that I left them off, they don't come with grills. I enjoy seeing the drives in the studio environment, but my main system upstairs is in the living room. I choose to leave the grills in place in the living room to maintain a certain aesthetic harmony with the rest of the room's furnishings. The grills also create a certain unspoken boundary that increases the safe distance from hands, arms, legs and feet that might otherwise brush against or even damage drivers. Upstairs its grills on for me.
Thats what I figured that it was more of a safety and WAF kind of thing. I get this sinking feeling every time the kids are over here and I see there are small hand prints on the carbon dustcaps. The tweeter grilles never come off... that's $1000 I would rather not have to come up with once the diamond is poked in. Anyway congrats on the quality stands, I always found it strange that the F113 did not have spikes.

Krell EVO 707, Krell EVO 600(3), B&W 800D, B&W HTM1D, Submersive F2(4), SOtM tX-USBexp>>Berkeley Alpha USB>>Berkeley Alpha DAC2, PsAudio PPP, PsAudio Soloist Premier SE..Nordost(CAST), Cardas clear, Shunyata, Billy Bags, Symposium, GIK acoustics\IEM:Westone ES5, Cypher Labs Algorhythm Solo, RSA SR-71B, Toxic Cables