View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crwilli View Post
Besides the one I mentioned of starting with an equilateral triangle, knowing it will not end up that way...

The early steps of Listening to the bass takes some time and patience but in the end, it is the easiest in my experience to hear and feel. You are making some large moves early to bracket the 'bass' and then increasingly smaller moves to fine tune it. That takes patience but we all know what bass sounds like.

Listening to JW's voice and trying to see the size of her mouth was very difficult for me. I am not the most patient person and as I wrote, you can go from her mouth being too big to still too big and pass through when it clicks into the focused small 3-4" by moving the right speaker too far at one time. 1/4" to 1/2" at a time is the name of the game in that step. That is quite tricky. I had to move it back and forth just to prove that to myself. It is astonishing even to someone who fancies himself an astute audiophile.

Also, Have a patient buddy help you. I have always done this by myself which is why I have yet to finish it and adjust the rake.
That is really neat and thanks for the additional insight to your experience!

Your quote really intrigues me and am going to listen to this song so I can fully understand the effect...... "This time when I got the part where JW's voice is supposed to be 3" to 4" in size, I was actually able to hear and 'see' that effect."

Thanks!
Sonus Faber Amati Faturas / JL Audio 13.5” Fanthom In Wall Subs / McIntosh C52 / McIntosh MCD 1100 / McIntosh MEN 220 / McIntosh MC 601’s / McIntosh MPC 1500 / McIntosh MT 5 / McIntosh MC 275’s / Luxman AS-55 Amp Selector / Silenzo (This thing is Amazing) / Gold Lion Tubes from Vintage Tube

All items in green were bought thru the AA marketplace and blue from a current AA retailer

Last edited by jfray; 05-18-2016 at 08:41 PM.