View Single Post
Old 05-13-2020, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnrmf1971 View Post
I'm really interested to read what you think of the Copperconn versus the Furutech NCF.

They are the only 2 duplexes I'm considering trying.

My reference, for now, is the Audioquest Edison, which I think may be perfect for my tastes.
I've owned and used Furutech's GTX-D (gold as well as rhodium) and Audience duplexes made by Cardas (also rhodium plated) but I've come to the conclusion that my ears and rhodium don't seem to get along.

By next week, I have a cryo'd and burned in Hubbell 5362 headed my way to serve as a baseline in any comparisons I do. I also just want to hear what the best (I guess it is?) mass market outlet sounds like. It's good enough to serve as the basis for other manufacturer's tweaked outlets (Shunyata among others) so it must have some positive attributes.

Is there some reason you put the NCF on your projector as opposed to the audio side of your system?
About the NCF for my projector application, I have read many user reports stating that the NCF made the sound cleaner and detailed. I wanted to see if this would translate for video applications and I wanted to have one for a while. It turns out that there was not so much difference after installing this outlet to feed my projector. And I even noticed the colors to not be as vibrant as they were with a standard Leviton outlet. I was a bit surprised actually. Maybe too squeaky clean? I don't know. Maybe I would need to recalibrate the projector and/or have to have a 4K projector to see the benefits.

For the CopperCONN for sound applications, I actually prefer this design approach where no plating (rhodium, gold, copper, or else) is applied and instead they are using only the best copper available. With my experience with the cruzeFIRST Maestro outlets last year, I became a real believer in aftermarket audio grade outlets. This model also makes no use of any plating and it sounds like it. I find the sound to have many layers "peeled off" and it actually make the music "there" and intimate, more natural.

My current SR-Z1 will be moved for the projector application with a Venom V14 and Venom Defender. The two CopperCONN will feed my amplifier, DAC and streamer, plus probably another Venom Defender.

I will swap the NCF and SR-Z1 and compare how it sounds. When I receive the CopperCONN I will be able to evaluate it against both.

Last edited by Parabellum; 05-13-2020 at 10:42 PM.