View Single Post
Old 07-21-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aercool View Post
Dang it. You're going to make me buy a Sophia mesh plate 274B - just when I thought the holy grail was the 60's vintage Mullard 5AR4 and I was *done* with rectifiers...

I popped the KT-150's back in tonight. I'll see if they have the same effect as the 6V6GT's I've been listening to for months.

Using the Mullard and a Tele E88CC driver.
I just received the Sophia 274B in the mail today. I have it at home playing for a few hours and will listen to it tonight. Dennis commented that it largely sounds like the Shugang/Tube Store one he included with my amp, so I'm not sure it'll blow me away. It is amazing looking though, both in its profile and in the unique glow it provides. Definitely an "art" tube. I'll let you know how it sounds. I've got the Popes in currently, so it will be with those initially.

Let me know your experience going back to the KT150s. I keep thinking I'm going to prefer one or the other, but I really like them both for different reasons. One is like a cold beer on a hot day, the other like a hot toddy on a cold day.

As far as selling stuff, you have to be a subscriber on AA to list in the marketplace. I'm not sure how much traffic they get if you can only market to other subscribers (compared to more open boards that is).

Later.....