View Single Post
Old 07-07-2021, 04:14 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Doing a "multi-quote" here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAudiophile View Post
I will say a couple things...
An overall comment...

We need more people here who share their experience with cables/gear and make detailed posts after taking feedback, time and benefits of someone else's investment of time and money.
Yep, I'd agree, Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyb123 View Post
I don't disagree, but just wanted to mention that what you wrote has been said countless times on this forum and others. The v2 are a huge jump from v1. There's nothing nuanced about it, so I'm not sure how much more I could add to this, otherwise I would post my feedback. Maybe others feel the same way.

I think the real problem is that too many people won't take the time to search through the forum or do the hard work themselves of evaluating a cable. It's easier for them to just drop a question and hope that others do the work for them. I have to admit that I cheered to myself when I read that puma wrote "Rent them in and find out for yourself." I would have just added "and please come back and tell us what you found".
Thanks, Kenny. I would agree, and add, "...please come back and tell us what you found."

I'll just add that from some of the limited beta testing I've done, and from having visited and met with the gang at Shunyata for a couple days in June, I know from personal experience that they work very, very hard to make sure any new cable development project provides real and consistent* improvements in audio quality, and all the musical "presentation attributes" we care about, compared to the previous gen products. Morever, they also work hard to improve the reliability, durability, fit, finish, and "materials" quality of their products, as well. The new "locking RCAs" on the ICs, and the new connectors, plugs, and "plug base" on the PCs are more durable, as well as sound better. For example the use of carbon fiber on the connectors for Alpha, Sigma, and Omega PCs and speaker cables not only look good, but provide improved vibration damping and durability.

*-by consistent I'm referring to improvement across different end user's systems and rooms.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.