View Single Post
Old 10-20-2017, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloBill View Post
Sound quality aside, common sense works both ways. You are not going to get the same quality construction, best materials, and attractive (esthetic) appearance with a $12 stock power cord as you are with a reasonably price after-market power cord from a reputable manufacturer. There is value in satisfaction and pride of ownership that goes beyond sound quality.
I could not agree more!

I do not use that stuff they push on AVS or the awful Audioholic site for interconnects. I use Audioquest, Wireworld and Pangea.

My long runs of Cat 6 I used Blue Jeans. (full disclosure)

I have however never replaced a power cord. Just seems a bit extreme to me. Yet, I ran separate 20 amp lines for each power amp, with hospital grade outlets.

I always buy SACD's and hi-res downloads if available yet I have never heard a differance.

Why? Well, as you stated, it's makes me feel good and also, why chance it?

---------------------------

I'd be absolutely shocked if a double blind study showed that a power cord made sound perceivable different and on top of that if the difference were always perceived as "better."

---------------------------

Funny thing is, I might just look around for some power cords after your post. Not sure why I developed a mental block to them but not interconnects.

Like I said, Why not?