View Single Post
Old 01-07-2017, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still-One View Post
Glenn
When I brought home a demo pair of Mometum's I did not anticipate the differences they were going to make with the MBL 111F's I owned at the time. I set them up as you can see in the photo below and powered up the system. After the first couple of tracks I went back and re-connected my 1.2k's because I thought I must have had the Mac's connected wrong, possibly out of phase. Nope, the Momentum's sounded that much better and handled the load of the MBL's with better grip. It was long after that the call to my dealer occurred. Until that day I had been happy with my 1.2ks.
I hear ya Jim! Glad you are still pleased with your decision moving to D'agostino. I was getting close to upgrading to Wilson Alexia's with my Ayre gear, but now I need to slow down a bit and give moving to DAg and keeping my speakers some consideration. My dealer also has a brand new pair of SF Il Cremonese in his showroom that he would probably let me demo with this DAg gear. I can't help but think how amazing that combo would sound.

Aurender N10 / Ayre QX-5 Twenty / Ayre KX-R Twenty / Ayre MX-R Twenty / Wilson Sasha DAW / Isotek TITAN and EVO3 / Transparent Reference / Meze Empyrean