View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 05:42 AM

Well...I took the plunge! As of yesterday, I have DPX (3" thick) dampening plates on my Esoteric P-02 Transport, Cybershaft clock, Isotek EVO3 TITAN (2) and Esoteric A-02 Amp. I have 5 more standing by to be applied to my D-02 DAC, C-02 Preamp, Isotek EVO3 SIGMAS and Legacy Wavelet but I have to disassemble the system and 3 racks to raise levels to make room for these thick plates on top of the remaining units.

With the Adona racks, Composite Audio platforms and heavy duty build quality of the Esoteric and Isotek gear I have, I would have never thought I had much side effect from component vibration from the air or otherwise as the system sounds greats, images extremely well. The Cybershaft, HDPlex and Legacy Wavelet were not a major issue due to the racks and isolation platforms I utilized despite their not being built like tanks like the Esoteric and Isotek gear as my images were very tight, accurate, good staging, musical, etc...

It turns out that set of conclusions is VERY incorrect; the HRS dampening plates provide immediate and very noticeable results in a distinct 'tightening up' of images, better transients and attack and clarity around notes that is particularly noticeable on tenor sax solos, double-bass note plucks/strikes, vocals, etc...

I am grateful to Ivan and others who have tried these plates and put out notes on how much they added to a system. I am very impressed by the bang for the buck ROI aspect of these reasonably priced items. Thank you!!!

20161025_115442.jpg

20161025_115030.jpg

20161026_032933.jpg