View Single Post
Old 12-25-2014, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcord View Post
Hello to everybody
I'm trying to set my system, I bought preamplifier REF10 amplifier REF 150 Speakers SonusFaber Ellipsa Red Violin, for sources I have a good turnplate with a pre phono and now I'm looking for a DAC and I'm definitely lost in space 😒
I'm considering AR CD9 with internal DAC but than I was thinking for what I will need a CD player if I will use liquid musics ? I will be able to rip all CDs ( and here another hard decision for what to buy for rip CDs ) and than play everythings by computer with ? DAC8 ? or another DAC I'm open to every advice and also possibility to buy a different brend for DAC
Thanks in advice for the help
I am not sure what your price range is, BUT, I would take a very serious look at the MSB Analog, which, IMHO is one of the best DACs on the market. I have its older brother but lived with it for several months and loved it. Plus it now has a new USB module that allows QUAD_DSD as well as Direct DSD in addition to all other formats as well as a renderer plug in module that allows full integration with all the resolutions of their USB module if you rather do DLNA. I owned a DAC 8 for awhile as well as tried the REFDAC and much preferred the Analog.

For CD ripping I just recommend a windows computer and dBpoweramp. It works great.

The bargain DAC of all and one of the best for the money is the Chord Hugo. However, given your rig, if you are looking in the 7-12K range, I would highly recommend the Analog.