View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOGA View Post
Thank you, I read this before but never imagined the little .7 would taxed K300i so easily. I think the current draw was so high causing that the iBias logic pumping high Class A juice than most other speakers.
I did put K300i in a cabinet, with fully open front and back and 2 inches above and beside it, this met requirement regarding ventilation.
I noticed a small heatsink for such a power with highly biased designed too. I hope small USB fans to draw cool air in from front and exhaust out on back of cabinet will help.

Toga
Magnepans typically like to spend their days in the shade of the 4 ohms or lower... As such, they are typically partnered with robust amps. They do like to sip on a refreshing cocktail of juice from the amp and are not shy about demanding it. Yes, the fans should help and if you are still running into the same problem, it will need even more ventilation. I do not think the amp is not up to the task but is simply producing enough heat where the engineer decided the cutoff point would be to prevent a thermal runaway.