View Single Post
Old 01-17-2018, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ylee View Post
An update of sorts: I swapped a couple of my power cables around to have my WireWorld Platinum Electra PCs on the RP-7 and the AHB-2 amp, which are connected to one of my Niagara 1000 strips which in turn is plugged into the wall with a Transparent Premium PC. Putting one of the higher end cords on the preamp improved the transparency and drive of the system. Performers are highly present and the overall presentation is extremely detailed and vivid. It's bordering on being a smidge aggressive however, though it is more musical than the stock cord.

There are so many variables of tweaking the sound of a system, but the RP-7 lends a distinct improvement to my system regardless of what I use for the power cord. I may try some other power cords to see if I can smooth out the sound a tad, or perhaps it's time to go up market on the power conditioners.

Adding the Torus power conditioner to my Rogue Amp and Pre amp was probably the best single upgrade I’ve done. It’s on par with going to tubes in the first place. Highly recommended!