View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 01:27 PM

I should move it out, but there is this hall...

I started with moving speakers (only within about a 12" box due to various issues) but they seemed to sound and measure better about where they were. Mostly moved them forward and back while measuring.

I then moved the leather foot rest, measured (a little better). Then all the pillows and cushions which make up most of the bulk (better, see thumbnail). I stopped at the thought of moving the couch (might need help getting it into a narrow hall -- I might attempt to undertake it). Other chairs I have are big bulky leather chairs which caused me to pause and ask if others had been through this and could say that a pair of chairs of certain types had a larger impact on sound (perhaps chasing measurements don't matter much).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfrg View Post
How did you find out its the couch?

Allthough furniture would impact somewhat, I dont think its the main reason for having such a big null. Must be speaker and/or listening position placement.

Why dont you move the couch out of the way in the back or better out of the room, and try some chairs. Since you are measuring, it would give you all the information you need by trying.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 12.19.00 PM.jpg (16.2 KB, 92 views)