View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 06:56 PM
Cool, calm scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
Is there anyone who’s used these cables in their A/V system who can give any comments on how they affect the video presentation on LCD, Plasma, and OLED monitors along with BluRay players, Apple 4K tv, TiVo and streaming devices. Although Shunyata’s sister Company is in the medical field clearing up medical imagining, I am curious how that translates to the video side of home theater in clearing, cleaning, and giving more saturation to images by removing component to component video noise and cleaning up the incoming AC current. Maybe Caelin and Grant could chime in here as most of the talk so far has been about the audio side of the equation rather tha Video. That would be most appreciated. Thanks.
I've been using the new Venom 14 Digital for my Samsung HDTV and it brings a notable increase in video quality. While I'm reluctant to use the "blacker blacks" descriptor, that is exactly what is observed, along with brighter, more saturated and vivid colors, and increased image sharpness and acutance. So, yes, it does all the things you have mentioned.

As the V14-D also lowers the noise of the power strip its plugged into, it also has improved the audio quality of my AVR.
Lumin P1 streamer/DAC/preamp, Constellation Inspiration integrated TT: Michell Gyro SE MkII, SME V, Koetsu Urushi Vermilion, EAR324. Harbeth 30.2s, REL R-305, Shunyata Alpha V2 ICs, Alpha V2 SPs, Sigma XC, Sigma NRv2, Omega QR-s & Alpha NRv2 PCs, segmented Altaira SG stack w/ Alpha & Omega CGCs, Everest 8000 PD. Remote Server Room: Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark Master Clock & LPS, Alita, Battle Angel, (Akasa NUC Roon Core), iFi DC Purifiers (for SMPS used for Alita & router), Shunyata Gemini combo power distributor & Altaira-type CG GP-NR hub, Venom & Alpha CGCs, Shunyata NRv14 power cords for digital components.