View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Tony,
Given my experience with this whole thing, I would tell you to reconsider and instead enjoy music with your spouse/family in an open floor plan where you are free to move about and enjoy other activities, dinner, wine, whatever. Other than us nutty audiophiles, no one wants to be locked into a room and sit in the chair listening to music. Most normal folks find that very unappealing and boring in no time. Yes my family enjoyed watching movies but a nice big screen TV is just as good for the normal folks. I find it liberating these days to be able to enjoy my other hobbies and tinkering with stuff as the favorite music is playing in the background. I’m burned out from sitting in the chair gazing into the soundstage and contemplating my next upgrade in the endless bouts of audiophile nirvosa. Done with that for good.
Words of Wisdom only learned through life's trials, errors, and experiences.

Ron
Processor: McIntosh MX170, Amp: Legacy Audio i-V7, Digital: Benchmark DAC3B, Roon Music Player, Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV 4K, Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Analog: Gold Note Pianosa Turntable, Gold Note PH-10 Phono Preamplifier, Donatello MC Cartridge, Speakers: Legacy Audio Signature SE Natural Sapele Pommele, Silverscreen HD Center, JL Audio e112-Gloss Sub