View Single Post
Old 04-17-2014, 05:36 PM

Default Middle floor system

Hey Everyone. I'm in the process of redoing our kitchen, family room and living room (all on the second floor). While we are redoing all the lighting, I am hoping to install ceiling speakers. I like all the positive things folks say about Sonos but none of their speakers are recessed. I've also looked at the Bose (forgive me) as they seem to make things really simple by integrating audio/video into one piece which I can store under a bench. Three rooms with probably two speakers per room except the family room where I'd like to Hook up 5.1. I have my own TV which I will wall mount over the fireplace. Music will be more for mood than for audiophile listening. The two speakers in the kitchen may be able to run double duty as the rear 5.1 system if I can find a system that is flexible enough. Trying to avoid racks of equipment as I am more of an audio than a video guy and already have a dedicated rig in the basement. Would love any thoughts the Forum might have whilst I do my due diligence. -Jeremy