View Single Post
Old 04-27-2019, 04:07 AM

"I've recently auditioned (and in one case, bought) two Shunyata USB cables that, IIRC, utilize silver-plated copper conductors, and in my system, these cables, including the entry-level Venom USB cable, outperformed the AQ Diamond. So, I don't think that a 100% solid silver conductor is absolutely required, I think what's much more important is cable design, materials, construction and ability to reject noise, RFI and EM radiation. I wlll agree that the solid silver AQ digital cables sound better than a partial-silver AQ digital cable."

Puma, several points. I believe the AQ Diamond from a manufacturing standpoint is at least the equal of any Shunyata USB cable and also equal to them as far any specs. The Diamond uniformly receives superb reviews whenever reviewed and this compared to other topline USB's, not entry level. Audioquest is almost as large as Monster Cable having thousands of outlets. This means they have the research and materials development money to spend that smaller manufacturers simply don't have. I don't agree with you that the entry level Shunyata Venom will best sonically the Diamond. All things being equal, silver sounds better than copper. Now if your ears tell you that a topline Shunyata or even a second tier sounds marginally better than a Diamond, preferences are what makes the world go round.

Respectfully,

Charles