Thread: Charles System
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2022, 01:39 AM

Mark, yes it did. I was pleasantly surprised and it looks so much better. I like the horizontal lie that is basically in plane a lot. Running the LP only at 30 Hz makes the bass non directional. I think many months ago you and Ivan told me to get the Thor off the floor. I knew you were right but it has taken me many months to do it. There has been the new MCT500, the custom made Wilson AD's for the XVX, a new WEL Signature digital coaxial cable for the MVP881 BR, and Wilson Pedestals for all my Mac gear (D1100, MVP881, MR87, MCT500). All this quite expensive but the improvements have been real. I agree with you and Ivan that isolation significantly improves the sonics and also the looks. I don't know what those flat heavy looking objects are on your Esoteric gear are but they sure look nice and I bet they are for vibration mitigation.

The Thor does not set directly on the X-material but there is a rubber cushion lining the surface. Made by Wilson, the plinth is very well engineered. I have heavy custom granite slabs in the garage waiting for my Mac 3500MKII's. Soon after they arrive, I will use isolation feet for them also. The 1.25KW's use chamfered feet. I can't feel any vibration coming through the slabs into the amps.

I think your system is fabulous. You are an inspiration for me. I hope you won't forget to point out the Esoteric gear in your recent pics. It's beautiful.

Best

Charles