View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:08 PM
World's Oldest Audiophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack in Wilmington View Post
All valid points John. The last time we were there was in 2006 and it had lost some of the charm of before. We sort of blamed it on the cruise ship, because we docked in St George the first day, Hamilton the second and Kings Wharf the third. It all felt so chopped up and we did some different things because of it. We didn't rent a scooter like we usually do and ride around the island and hit some of the out of the way beaches. We usually hit Elbow Beach one day and use their beach and have lunch at the outdoor cafe. Their prices are more then some of the others, so maybe that means that they got their renovations done. I'll have to check further.

One of the great things last time was when we were in Kings Wharf and we went to our favorite pub The Frog and Onion and the World Cup was going on and England was playing that afternoon and the place was crazy. Thanks for your comments
The last time my wife and I cruised to Bermuda, we stayed docked in Hamilton for the whole week. A major storm was brewing in the Atlantic and for some reason, the cruise ship company (Celebrity) didn't want to move the ship - although the weather was perfect in Bermuda the whole time.

It was like having a major hotel parked at the dock downtown and was the very nicest thing.

We traveled all over the island and returned to our "hotel" every night, in time for dinner. To us, it was perfect.

Beats the heck out of moving from port to port on that little island.

I have a record player and a cd player and some other stuff that sounds pretty good.

MAIN SYSTEM: . . . Audio Physic Caldera III Loudspeakers, Spectral DMC 30SL Preamp, Spectral DMA 250 Amp, Spectral/MIT interconnects and speaker cable, Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable, Walker Precision Speed Controller, Graham tonearm, [B]Koetsu Rosewood or Grado Statement 1 Cartridges, PASS - X-ono Phono Stage, Esoteric K03 CD/SACD Player, Lexicon RT-20 Universal Player, Exact Power EP-15A & SP-15A power regeneration and conditioning devices. Symposium Acoustics Svelte pads & RollerBlock Jr's under speakers. ASC Tube Traps, Arcici Suspense Rack System, OPPO and Cambridge Streaming Devices.

DOWNSTAIRS SYSTEM: . . . Sonus Faber Guarneri Memento Speakers, JL Audio F112 Sub, McIntosh MA7000 Integrated Amp, McIntosh MVP871 Universal Disc Player, OPPO BDP-105 Blu-Ray Player, VPI Scoutmaster with periphery ring clamp, VPI SDS Motor Drive, Koetsu Pro IV, or Clearaudio Discovery Cartridges, Mark Levinson No. 25s phono stage, Wadia 170i Transport with a Meridian Bitstream 203 DAC, VPI HW-17 Pro Record Cleaning Machine, Five Richard Gray RGPC 400 devices scattered around the two systems, Arcici Suspense Rack System, Discovery Essence and Essential Cables, 14,000 ± LPs .