View Single Post
Old 04-27-2017, 10:41 AM
Aspiring Audiophile

OK, rather than start a new thread, I thought I'd bring this old one back to life.

I have been trying to burn in my PS Audio P10 as I have been struggling with brightness and anemic bass since adding it to my system.

A buddy let me try his "Irrational But Efficacious" CD. I am NOT a foil hat guy, and have always been very skeptical of tweaks.

I'm not sure what to think, but the system sounds considerably better. Could it be timing, who knows. I scratching my head a little at this voodoo.

The only thing that makes sense to be how frequency sweeps could improve your sound as a "housekeeping item" is with speaker components and coils with magnets could get sluggish over time? Possibly running a sweep of a range of frequencies helps overcome this somehow.

Who knows. I do appreciate how Charles Hansen doesn't pretend to know how this may work, just that he has found it effective.

Still not sure what to think, but I wonder if any others out there have played this CD and heard any improvements.
Main > Aurender N10/N100 / Antipodes K50 > Aries Cerat Kassandra mk2 - Playback Designs Dream DAC > D'agostino Momentum HD > PS Audio P10 > D'Agostino S250 > Sonus Faber Aida / REL S812 Six Pack + 4 JL Audio F113 Fathoms > B&W Signature HTM > Anthem Statement D2v > Mcintosh MC205 > Focal 1000 (side surrounds) > Bryston TIW (rear surrounds)

Secondary System > Aurender N100h> AMR777SE > D'agostino Momentum Integrated > Wilson Sasha DAW