View Single Post
Old 03-17-2017, 09:59 PM

Default I think Ayre has great customer service...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkbark View Post
Dinster, I sympathize with you. I had problems with an Ayre item too. Michael's 'tude was basically "that's why we have dealers" and he referred me back to mine (who, ironically, couldn't address my issue). I'll never buy from a manufacturer with that kind of arrogance and indifference again. Ayre's slogan really ought to be 'talk to the hand'. The Ayre-fanbois on the boards just do NOT like it when you suggest problems with their fav gear or Boulder buds, especially after they dropped the kind of coin they did (how embarrassing!).

Ayre seems to excel at customer service when their gear works. It's just when it doesn't that they fall flat. And shouldn't that be the real test of customer service? Apparently, Charlie thinks not.....
I recently had an issue with my KX-5 Twenty that occurred during a strong Thunderstorm that caused a problem with the volume control of the unit. I contracted my dealer and Ayre to voice my concern as the product was less then 3 months old when this occurred.

My dealer contacted Ayre who asked for the unit to be sent back to them immediately and I received a loaner K5XEmp which was the same as the preamp I just traded in for the new KX-5 Twenty.

I also phoned and contracted Ayre and spoke to Michael in regards to what happened and my concern for having the unit back fully functional and as good as new. He assured me that would be the case, and that they would get the unit back to me ASAP. I

I also received an email from Alex Brinkman who is their National Sales Manager who asked me to call him on his cell which I did. I had a very nice conversation with him and he apologized for the inconvenience and said they would cover this without any questions and take care of me. I received several updates over the two weeks they had the unit and once returned it was in immaculate condition the same as when I sent the unit in (including the box). The unit performed flawlessly and sounds as good as ever and far better than the K5Xmp that I had previously.

Needless to say, I am a huge fan as I have had Ayre gear now since 2007 which has been very reliable.