View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdandy View Post
nicoff.......I don't know why you would be reluctant to use the internal hard drives in the N10 music server. These hard drives do not run 24/7 like your NAS is likely to be doing. Once loaded the internal hard drives are put into sleep mode and only spin when loading files to the 254GB SSD that you access for playback through the Conductor App. It is not unlikely the hard drives in the N10 will outlast your NAS hard drives by a considerable margin of time.

(From the Aurender website) Aurender models W20 and X100L offer up to 12TB of internal HDD storage. Using Aurender's internal HDD storage is the easiest way to import, manage and enjoy your music library. However, if you already have your music library stored on a NAS drive, Aurender Conductor can now access your NAS drive content with full support of metadata and album art. Download AMM (Aurender Music Management) to your computer from the Aurender website for the scanning of meta-tags of files located on the NAS. AMM is now available for Mac and Windows. Please refer to the AMM manual on the Aurender website for additional information.

http://www.aurender.com/page/download

http://www.aurender.com/page/ammguide3x

Thank you for the response Dan. I used to own a Sony music server (HAP-1ZES) that had an internal hard drive.

I started by loading my files from the NAS into the Sony. But one issue that I found was that if I made any changes to the files in the Sony or the NAS (say album art or track name correction etc) that change did not transfer to the other location automatically. In the end, I ended up with two databases and none of them was likely up to date.

I sold the Sony and I am not certain that all the changes that I made in the Sony or viceversa were transferred to the Other location.

So I figured that in order to avoid such problems, I should keep one database that I always know that it is up to date. That is why I want the App to keep my files location and formats together.

For example, I may have three copies of an album. One resides inside an iTunes library (say AAC or MP3), another resides in the NAS (24/96), the third is a Tidal version (16/44) that I added to my library. When I do a search with the App, I would like the App to show all three albums. Then I pick what I want to play.