View Single Post
Old 03-24-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbear View Post
Upon further review, there is an artifact before track 1. I would describe it as a digital snit or zzt. It's very minor and happens before the track begins music. It's definitely not the pop I hear after the last track or when switching from DSD to PCM tracks. IMO, much more tolerable than the auto mute feature.
I agree. I'm happier now for sure, because at least I can work around this. What I am doing is this:

- Set Roon up so that it adds a 1 second resync delay
- Leave my c1100 muted when I start a new album
- Immediately after pressing "play" for the album, unmute the c1100

This works OK and still allows me to not miss any of the music. The only trouble is you can't really pause/un-pause without an issue, and if you have the music cranked and forget this, you and your speakers could be in for a surprise 5 seconds after an album ends.

It's too bad we have to continue to be beta testers for McIntosh firmware on their premium products. I hope everything will eventually be addressed. I'm happy to do it if they are actively trying to address it and if it helps other people. I have relayed my thanks and appreciation, as well as the "pop" related issues that remain in v1.03 to McIntosh. Hopefully, they will continue to work through this. So far, they have been really great supporting this.

Joey