Thread: 20.7 vs ...
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm View Post
Hi all. I dont know how many times I have typed that in google to try to get more input on the 20.7. I know we have some owners out there and others who have heard them. So I am hoping I can help other addicts as myself that search for info on a speaker that is difficult to demo. Given the price tag there are some very good competitors in the 15k ballpark. If folks might chime in with the speakers they compared to the 20.7 and impressions of those comparisons (ie 20.7 vs...) -it would be very much appreciated. Thanks Tim.

I am a 20.7 owner and have been so for about 6 months. When I got them I had a MC452 which had been purchased with my 3.7s. The 20.7s were good but not
great so I tried a pair of MC601s, not much of a difference compared to the MC452. The 20.7s really came alive when I connected the Sanders Magtech, the difference
was unbeliveable! The Magtech is truely one of the best amps around regardless of price!

Now for other speakers that might compare (in sound) to the 20.7s, the only speak that I have heard that comes close and possibly exceeds the 20.7s is
Roger Sanders Model 10d. I heard these speakers at RMAF and was absolutly amazed, the 20.7s come close but the 10d ESLs are probably the best sound
for the money anywhere. The reason I brought up the Magtech is that you get 1 Magtech with the 10d's and 2 stereo amps are requied to run them, the ideal
setup is 2 Magtechs which equals music heaven!

brett