View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Racing Hoopties

Both are good. I decided to try Qobuz after having Tidal for the last few years. The only thing that bothers me about Tidal besides the MQA hoopla, is the full frontal push of RapCrap and its use as a personal supply chain for Jay-Z and Beyoncé music. But I would do the same if I was a musician with my own streaming service. I have learned to live with it and can filter out most of the huge quantity of gold toothed album covers.

So far, Qobuz has offered nothing to me that Tidal doesn’t other than it doesn’t push crap and doesn’t have the politics of MQA. But it is a few dollars more expensive which stupidly perhaps, is a consideration.

Does native 24/96 sound better than MQA’ed 24/96? Who cares? They both sound great.

I will probably lean toward Qobuz simply because it is simple hi-Rez and has all the music I seem to need. (But Tidal does have more...)
Main Equipment: Kharma Elegance dB11-S, JL Audio F113v2 X 2, Block Audio Line & Mono SE Amplification, Bricasti M21 DAC, Antipodes Kala K-50 Server, Clearaudio Performance SE. Satisfy tonearm & Maestro Wood MM cartridge.
Power: Shunyata Everest 8000, Sigma XC v2, Sigma NR v2, Block Audio PCs, Defender, ADDPowr Wizard
Grounding: Shunyata Altaira CGS - 4 X Alpha CGS cables,
Network : Supra Cat 8+, Twin (Nenon) Modified Buffalo GS2016 Switches, Keces P3 LPSU,
Cables: Wireworld Platinum 8 USB, Wireworld Platinum Eclipse 8 Speaker cables, 6M & 1M Tubulus Concentus ICs,
Other:Two PSI Audio AVAA C20, Multiple GIK products, Stillpoint Apertures, Stillpoint Minis and Ultra SS, Three 20 Amp lines, Furutech GTX - Gold outlets, Adona Rack