View Single Post
Old 03-27-2019, 10:23 AM

Default Streaming Confusion

Hey all, asking for a few opinions on incrementally progressing up the ladder regarding streaming audio gear. I just shelled out some beans on a MC 452 (in route) so looking at my next step to properly enjoy streaming from Tidal. I am going to go with a full on MQA ready option. I haven’t tried Roon yet, but it sounds like my cup of tea. Current Budget is $2k -$5K. I plan to build on it, so looking for an acceptable base solution for the grade of equipment I currently have and go from there.

Mytek Brooklyn+ and something to stream with is of interest or the Brooklyn Bridge, which is what I have narrowed down to so far. I have a Parasound Halo P5 Pre that is available to use or not use in the chain. Not sure if the Brooklyn Bridge is the right choice to use as a pre amp or not, I.e., no other pre in the chain? Also, should a new pre amp be a higher priority and use a Bluesound for now? So many choices. Prima Luna pre amps look interesting?

I guess I’m asking what choices were made from those that had to make similar choices with their own systems.

FYI currently using MC 2150 with the P5 and an Airport Express, so major improvements will be easy. Thanks in advance

MC452 amp
B&W 805D3 speakers
REL S5 SUB
Wireworld Eclipse 7 Speaker cables and interconnects (1 short pair)