View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHC1 View Post
Dave, I don't mind if you add your thoughts here. It's all good. We are all together in this crazy hobby of ours.
Ok Serge........I've waited till I got settled in with the new 'toys', got Momma qualified as to switching out cables without destroying my kit and here's what I've come up with 'so far'.

The comparison was done blind with my wife making the PC swap while I was out of the room. From my listening chair I cannot see the PC to my Denali 6000. I had no idea which PC (Shyunata or Signal Cable) was inserted to start, came in listened to a couple of pieces I know very well (Mangione's 'Children of Sanchez' and BeeGie Adair's 'Escape to New York'), left the room, cables switched, listened again.

This whole experiment took a couple of hours and with that I report back that I heard no difference, zero, zip, nada. What's interesting is my wife, knowing all along what cable was in but not really knowing what the comparison was trying to determine could not discern anything different as well. When I told her of the price differential is when she proclaimed that, 'we' are all a bunch 'wackos'.

I couldn't argue with her .........