View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 01:51 PM

Update on house:

Ever since the death of Prince, we received about 37 days of rain and a large delay to the home building process.

In the past 1.5 weeks, we finally got the foundation footers and foundation walls poured. Framing should start this week.

Here are some pictures of the progress.. I also added some pictures of a completed basement minus the 4' extension where i plan to put the music room.

After walking through a completed basement, i am going to have to deal with a couple support beams. That being said, the total length of the room will prob be just under 20' allowing its own entrance. This is due to the stairs coming down in to the center portion of the basement in the wing of the planned room. I just dont think its wise to have the room open considering i have dogs and a child.

The other option is to use the area on the opposite side of the stairs. I could potentially make two rooms.. A much smaller listening room with a music library for all my music, but you will see i will be wrestling with support beams.

Erik

The Bump out is where the proposed listening room will be.

Far pole will be about where the back wall of the room will be.

Looking towards anticipated back wall. and will provide walkway to center section of basement

Other side of stairs

New home by vego99, on Flickr

Utility area ( furnace back)

Last edited by vego99; 06-07-2016 at 10:39 PM.