View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vego99 View Post
Thanks for all the good advice! It is nice to have the ability to build from scratch and all of the suggestions have been considered. Hidden bass traps, Conduit runs, separate circuits, pre-wiring for future theater. I still get very confused with room size and modes, Effective and Interior dimensions. If i frame the actual room and if sound travels though the walls ( planning on iso clips- resilient channel and 2-3 layers of sheet rock) Do I base the dimensions off the foundation size or the actual framed room size? What about ceiling? If the basement foundation is 9', and they use 10" floor joints does that mean i base the height off the bottom of the floor joist ( 9'ceiling), The basement floor to the 1st floor plywood ( 9'10") or the basement floor to surface of sheetrock? Storage and functionality: this basement is pretty big and is one of the reasons for choosing this model. There will be a separate section just for hvac and utility, and another area for storage, recreation area etc. Hopefully in the next couple months ill have some pictures of the foundation/house allowing me to give a better idea of space. Thanks again Erik
Sorry late to your discussion. I have a 33x27x8 room in basement very much like yours. Make sure you use long wall to position speakers. Also placement will be critical. As I've learned with my Aerial 7Ts placement is everything. And treatments a must. I've been fighting a bit of too much sparkle in highs and then it hit me. Two cocktail tables with glass inserts. Purchased 24"x48" rugs to fit over glass and like magic. Audio Nirvana. The funny thing is I've been a CEDIA installer for over 10 years and it never occurred to me to do the simple thing. Point being. Try everything and anything. Good luck!