View Single Post
Old 03-29-2016, 01:00 PM

Default Dedicated 2 Channel Build

Yesterday the wife and I pull the trigger and signed an agreement of sale for a new, to be built home.

The basement will be the home of my dedicated audio room and I optioned the house with 2 options that may help with this project. 9' concrete foundation ( 10' was not an option) and a 4' bump-out which also extends the basement foundation.

This portion of the basement could yield a dimension of 17'Wx44'Lx9'H with the front quarter of the room being solid concrete. ( opted no window in that front wall)

In everyone's experience, is it best to use the full 44' length for this room or use one of the room sizing calculators I.E 1:1.6:2.33? If using the ratio given, i'm being told the ideal room size should be 14'x21x9' which sounds more realistic given Id need to build framing inside of the foundation. ( using a dimension like this would also allow me to split the room in two for a dedicated music library)

I'm jumping the gun here with trying to design something that not even build. Settlement isn't until early sept but excited about my own dedicated room!

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Erik