View Single Post
Old 01-05-2012, 01:32 AM

Default Dynaudio subwoofers

Figured I'd make a thread dedicated to Dyn subs.

Thing is, Dyn subs don't seem very common/popular, so it's hard to find comments or reviews about them. My impression that I've gleaned from the little comments I've found about the previous models (250, 500 and such) is that they're pretty good, but not necessarily the best for the money. Then again I often see something like JL F112 suggested instead of the top Dyn subs, even though you can actually almost get two new SUB 600 units for the price of one F112?

Regardless of absolute price vs performance, I just have this inexplicable draw towards Dyn subs. One thing is of course that they are, in fact, Dyns Another is that I like their simple design, while some other brands are not to my liking on that department.

I guess at some point it'd be my wish to get a sexy-looking Walnut SUB 600 to match my Walnut C1s and to round out the frequency response range. But the price of 2000 euros puts it out of my reach for the moment. A SUB 250 MC could also be nice for my secondary system, though it lacks the exterior finish options of the more expensive 250 variants (apparently the only differences being the finish options and "lesser" amplifier section, but the price is around 45% lower!). Now if I could only actually decide on the final speaker setup of the secondary system...!

Oh, and a "fun" fact - I was originally about to buy a rosewood SUB 250 to go with my rosewood Audience 42s, but then I went insane in the membrane and bought the C1s instead!

Anyway, without further ado, what are other people's experiences and opinions about Dyn subs?

Last edited by tvih; 01-05-2012 at 01:43 AM.