View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 04:16 PM
Semi-audiophile

The Venom HC extension cord (all 12 feet of it) arrived yesterday. It's a bit of a beast, to be sure. Now the challenging part.

I had thought to just get a regular 20A Venom HC to pair with the extension. Simple enough. But I then became aware of Shunyata's new NR and EF power cords. A question (answered graciously by Caelin Gabriel over in the Shunyata thread on those very cords) later, I have a bigger decision to make. I haven't noticed any noise in my system, so there would seem to be no reason to not stick with the Venom HC at $300 versus the Delta NR at $700. But reports are that the Delta NR is noticeably better, according to feedback Shunyata has received worldwide. That's appealing even though, again, noise doesn't appear to be an issue in my setup.

Other potential factors are that a friend of mine had her Worker's Comp check lost (by Worker's Comp), who weren't too keen to do anything about it initially. But she's challenging them on it and I've offered her help with rent if WC doesn't come through. Then, there's my sister who lives in Missouri City, TX, SW of Houston, who evacuated Monday; I tried calling twice since then and her cell isn't taking calls. Don't know what to make of that, but it's possible she'd need some help too. In addition, I usually visit her at Christmas; that could change depending upon how bad things are for her. So if I go by all that, the Venom makes more sense.

I don't want the Venom HC extension to sit here too long, as it's adding to my already crazy clutter while uninstalled. I will think about this, maybe wait to see what transpires with my friend and my sister.
SOTA, Grado, SME, Van den Hul, Gingko turntable setup; Pioneer Elite LD, BDP; Sony OLED TV; Magnum Dynalab tuner, antenna; MIT S-video cable; Pangea HDMI cables; DVDO video processor; McIntosh SACD, preamp, power amps; Telefunken Black Diamond preamp tubes; Kimber IC; Transparent IC, PC, SC; Mirage speakers; PS Audio, Shunyata PC; Audio Additives RCA caps; Furman power conditioning; Sanus: racks