View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 11:27 PM

@jazzhead, thanks for nice info. ,in Ref40 spec, it says " minimum load 20kOhm.

And from Stereophile lab test result of Ref3, distortion climbed rapidly as load impedance decreased.

@howiebrau and everyone..
I don' mind two power cords on amp as I am using monoblock already, but see no points on two PC
For pre amp.
The Pandora, I hope it to have all the magical sound the Ref40 has, on user flexibility, I found it flexible in a difficult way.
And in some way, the inflexible Ref40 is easier to use. For example , to dim or off the front display, we have a direct command
On Ref40 remote while we have to do many clicks to get into menu of Pandora. And to operate the menu, you do from front panel only, your have to put finger prints on that nice acrylic touch sensitive panel. ARC also provides direct Home Theater bypass button on remote, on Pandora we have to press up or down on Source select to find bypass mode. There are only
Volume, source up/down,on/off, mute on Pandora remote. This I feel Pandora lacking a bit in user friendliness, despite being microprocessor controlled.
My requirement may be unique among audiophile, I integrated high end system with home theatre , that mean I will use Theatre Bypass and turn off front display routinely.
But the Pandora will be visually matched to the giant Memphisto way better than Ref40 does, which actually doesn't matched at all.
Toga
stand by for further, Gryphon will be delivered on 9, Monday. will report.

Last edited by TOGA; 09-03-2013 at 11:57 PM.