View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJinID View Post
Congratulations Don! I am looking forward to your impressions. Which color did you go with? Did you go with the KWA100SE version?

I expect to audition the LS100 preamp w/phono stage in my system after the first of the year. From everything I have read and heard from Dan W., that would be the right pairing to match with the KWA100. I would do what you need to be able to hear both together in your system! PM me if I can be of assistance to help make that happen!
I've read a few reviews that did mention that the ModWright amps do seem to shine (read sound) when used with other ModWright gear. As for the amp that's coming my way its a black KWA100 but not an SE. I'm also told that installing some MUSE caps in this unit would really sing. I did get to hear this unit with my Harbeth's for I have a pretty good idea what I'm in for And if, in the end I don't dig the MW amp it should be pretty easy to flip.

As for the LS100, is the one you will demo coming from your AD or from ModWright directly? And thanks for the offer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2-Channel System: Luxman L590Aii, D-05 CD/SACD ,VPI Classic 3 (Rolling Stone photo shoot table), VPI SDS, Shelter 501 MKII , Wilson Audio Duette,Shunyata Denali 6000T, Anaconda Zitron, Alpha Digital, and Black Mamba power cables, Tara Labs RSC Air 2 speaker wire, RSC Prime M1 IC's.