View Single Post
Old 04-12-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibalok View Post
KXR is a top Ayre product. But If i have KX-5 20 should I dream on AR Ref 6(Se)? and on practice how far KX-5 from KXR?
I really love my KX-5/VX-5 twenty. I had before a lot of stuff like Bryston, Audia, Vitus, and audiotioned at home Spectral (whch are close in sound signature IMO) i had never had such a liquid and mellow music as with Ayre 5 series. Black background, very natural and coherent images.

But i have a problematic (bassless) room and i want to get some more LF energy from my Neat Ultimatum floorstanding speakers. Also I think to get second VX-5 twenty to bi amp
Blimey Gibalok!

And there i was thinking that the smaller Neat XL6’s, driven by T+A amplification, had ample articulation and coherency in their bass performance for such a relatively modest enclosure(?). Even when listening to them playing electronic or pipe organ music.

Having said that. I’ve learnt from Neat users themselves that bi-amping really does wring the best performance from them. Possibly due to their Isobaric design(?)

Sorry to learn that you’re not getting satisfaction from your system. Hopefully we can collectively make some suggestions to help you improve matters(?)

What are the dimensions of your room(L x W x H)?

How far apart are your speakers? And are they firing along or across the room? How much rake and/or toe-in etc. do you give your Ultimatum’s?

How far is your listening position from your speakers?

What kind of music do you listen to and how loudly?

All the best.

Bob

Last edited by Babur72; 04-13-2020 at 06:55 PM.