View Single Post
Old 10-26-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_tube View Post
Thanks for the safety info - I'm going all in for what I believe are my system weaknesses: power distribution, power & signal cabling, & finally electronic isolation.

I've addressed the following:

Power Distribution -- Ansuz Mainz D8 Power Distribution unit w/ceramic power cable & one Sparkz Harmonizer

Power Cabling - Nordost Odins on MC2301's & C1100. Still need to address Transport power cable (all dCS presently running stock cords & feel the only electromechanical device requiring immediate P/C addressing is the Transport).

Speaker Cabling: Nordost Odin 3M spade/spade

Clock Cabling: 3 Nordost Valhalla 110 ohm 1M

AES/EBU dCS Stack: Transport to DAC, Nordost 1.25M Valhalla 2

XLR Cabling from dCS DAC to C1100 and C1100 to MC2301's: Empowering Nordost trickle down ideology, so going with Nordost 2M Tyr 2's (these should be somewhat equivalent to Nordost Valhalla 1's).

Equipment Isolation: All in on Stillpoints. Ultra SS's w/adapters under MC2301's & dCS Transport. Ultra Mini's under C1100 and the 3 stack dCS (clock, DAC, Upsampler). Will utilize 3 HRS NA-150's between the stacked C1100T and 1100C.

Then I'm done until higher authority calls. It's been a fun ride since my teenage years and even more so since the advent of the Internet & forums such as AA. I've made a many purchases & a few mistakes, learned from them, but sort of tired chasing the merry go round -- and so, I'm concentrating on optimum finalization. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak. That's cool.

Best Sirs,

Bob
Fantastic! I daydream about addressing more or less everything at once and saying, No mas! I've got but one more component that needs Stillpoints and then I'm done with that. Then, perhaps, no mas for a while.

Is this most recently Stillpoints mother lode already accounted for in your profile signature and your most recent post? In other words, the MC2301s indicate they have Stillpoints Ultra SS on them. Were they there before this most recent delivery or are they inside the boxes that we see? Because I'm still trying to figure out where what I think are five sets of four Stillpoints are going.

Last edited by MisterBritt; 10-26-2017 at 05:49 PM.