View Single Post
Old 03-22-2019, 09:37 AM

Thanks for the welcome messages. I have gleaned a great deal of info from this site and happy to contribute if I can.

Delfi, I can't offer any specifics on a comparison between the two since I don't have deep experience with the earlier models. What I have noticed is that the newest generation of speakers from most manufacturers tend to have a greater emphasis on detail, which I really appreciate since I have owned a number of planers from Apogee, Magnepan, and ML. Planers excel in detail, but with many other compromises.

Historically, there was a tradeoff in some area to get detail, at least in this price range. Now you can have detail without harshness or forgoing other factors. Nothing wrong with many older speakers, but in my opinion current products are generally a big improvement over past generations. A little surprising since we are dealing with the same basic components, but apparently benefitting from things like computer simulation, CAD, etc. FWIW, one dealer I spoke with favored the Serafino over the other two speakers in this line. I continue to be rewarded each time I turn them on.

Just my opinion, but I hope this helps some. Good luck with your purchase. I don't think you can go wrong in either case. If you do go with the Serafinos, give them plenty of time to break in.