View Single Post
Old 10-14-2016, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post
Hi, new guy here. I thought I'd weigh in on the Bluesound Node 2. I purchased one back in April and I was impressed enough with it I retired my well-appointed 2012 Mac mini and subsequent software (A+, Amarra Symphony, HQPlayer, Pure Music, etc.). I use either a Bifrost Multibit or Qute EX DAC with the Node 2 but if I didn't already have these DACs on hand I'm not sure I would bother .. the DAC in the Node 2 (Burr-Brown) is really quite good. Not as refined/nuanced as either of my DACs but really, not bad at all. All in all, I think the Node 2 is a bargain and I'm happy I took the chance on it.
Morgan, welcome to AA! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on the Bluesound Node 2. Your comments on your experience using the Node 2 with other DACs are very interesting. I have an Arcam rDAC that I haven't used since getting the Node 2. I have been so pleased with what I hear from the Node 2 that I haven't been motivated to try it. I will have to get a coaxial or TOSLINK cable and check it out though.

Again, welcome, and thanks for contributing to this post.

Cheers,

Scott