View Single Post
Old 09-21-2018, 04:02 PM

Surprise-Surprise to me and my wife the New JVC RS 4500 is coming ...
Up-Date,

I have waited to up-date this Thread for a few reasons.

(1) To make sure everything was totally confirmed with Mike at AVS on the purchase of the JVC RS4500 New (Demo).
That is now a totally completed deal and the unit is leaving AVS Home-Office in Rochester, New York today.
I will then receive the (Tracking) information.

(2) I wanted to get with the Owner of Wolf Hill Technologies (Charles) to Up-Date what he had previously quoted me on work.
I have now gotten his Revised Work-Order for cost except the JML Utopia, Center-Channel-Speaker being lowered.
That he cannot quote me a cost as that Stand will be Removed and taken to the Custom Cabinet Shop they use to Modify it.

I and my wife of now 35 years (Anniversary was on the 12th of this month) are Super THRILLED about this latest purchase.
Telling it like it is I have been talking on & off with her about this RS4500 projector for over a year now and once Mike Garrett contacted me this last time I knew right then I was in.
Just had to run the idea by Charles at Wolf Hill Technologies to make sure the two of us were A-OK with his guy (Jason) doing the install.
(Charles was 100% in on Jason doing the install)
Also since I am Married I sat down with Cathy (Wife) and explained in Great-Detail exactly what this was all about.
She was totally in and actually is Super Excited about this now going to take place.
(She has been concerned about the Runco going down and No-Way to repair it)
Especially since I also explained to her to pay for all the Home Theater changes that was definitely going to have to come from the Checking Account.
She did not even remotely waver and in-fact was still Excited and said once I hear back from Charles to get with Mike Garrett at AVS Sales and Confirm.

So, all this really changes for us is we will now be waiting for me to save the monies for the New Pre-Amp Processor, 4-K DVD Player, 4-Ceiling Atmos Speakers, Atmos 4-Channel Amp, wiring, and of course install.
Our mutual thinking was that the way our system currently sounds it is not really going to be a Big-Deal to wait.
Not like we have some poor excuse of an Audio System.
Plus, Craig on AVS has repeatedly stated that some Blu-ray movies look almost if not better than some 4K movies with the Up-Scaling of the RS4500.
So, all my monthly retirement monies will go into a Special Savings Account for Home Theater Gear/Components.

See pictures below guys that I have taken and the ones provided to me from Vendors.

Below pictures Charles and I did some measuring to confirm the RS4500 would easily fit in same location as current Runco.
In-Fact as it turns out there is very little difference in the two sizes of these projectors.
RS4500 is heavier but the Runco I had before this current one was also a heavier unit so No-Worries.

Next pictures were for looking at the Stand the JML Center Channel is Mounted on.
As I said above that stand will be Removed and taken to the Custom-Cabinet-Shop to be Cut/Shortened.
That's necessary guys so the Stewart Gray Hawk screen can be lowered 16-17 inches from it's current position.
Then we will be looking at the Center of the Screen and that is going to be KILLER without leaning back in the Love-Seat.

Sales Invoice from AVS Sales, Mike Garrett

Monies sent Next-Day-Air to AVS home office in Rochester, NY.

And below is the really-really Super Fun pictures guys.
All (Firmware) up-dates completed.
Also the actual (Demo) hours on the New JVC RS4500 (Hand-Picked) by JVC for Demo Use at the Home Office of AVS Sales in Rochester, NY.

As per my Request to Mike Garrett I wanted in writing the unit would be shipped on a Pallet for Extra-Protection.
Honestly I probably didn't really even need to do that Request because Mike is definitely on Top of his game but the Anal sort of guy I am I did.

What I didn't even want to take a chance on was it getting just maybe shipped ONLY in a Box like below.
Had one of my New Runco projectors come boxed like that and guess what ???
(Damaged and had to be Replaced)

Lastly something Charles and I both agreed on since I had the Samsung HVAC Split-Unit (Air-Carrier) relocated in the Home Theater.
I have an abundance of Cold-Air now where the RS4500 will go and also where all my A/V Components are located.
So we are going to install a Variable-Speed, Super-Quiet-Fan to pull Cold-Air into that Component Area.

Suncourt TW208P Thru Wall Fan Hardwired Variable Speed

https://www.amazon.com/Suncourt-TW20.../dp/B000JGSMUK

You Tube

That's it for now guys until the JVC RS4500 arrives here at the house.
Then I was instructed by Charles to have it sat Carefully on one side of the garage floor and call him.
He is going to have his Technicians come by and Un-Box it and take it up to the Home Theater until they have time to install it.
Charles just contacted me and will get back to me next week on when Jason (Lead Technician & Assistant) will do the changes.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html