View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 03:00 PM

Estimate on relocating components has arrived ...

Latest,

Charles the owner of, Wolf Hill Technologies came to the house yesterday afternoon.
I have not seen him since way back in 2012 when they did the last major changes to the HT.
It was really nice to get to see what I consider a buddy more so than just a guy selling me.
We took our time and went over everything to be done and actually altered some of the 1st plans as we did some measuring.

What we did do as a Team
Was to fire-up the system and while Charles read the Runco operators manual I operated the Remote the hands-on more important part.
The reason we did this was 2-fold really ………..

(1) To find out just how Low the Runco could drop the picture from it's current position.
.... Well it turns out the Runco can only move the picture/image like 2 1/4 inches from it's current position.
.... That being the case the screen will definitely not be moved/lowered this time around.
.... If you recall for us to be looking at the Center-of-the-Screen it needs to Drop like 16-17 inches.
.... We looked up the Specifications on the JVC RS4500 and it can move the image 100% so based on my screen size we can drop the screen exactly where it needs to be.
(2) We also had Charles listen to the system for BASS content on watching the opening of the Blu-ray Super 8 movie where all the train wreck takes place.
.... As it turns out he thought the Bass sounds Awesome so the rear two (2) Mirage BPS400 subs will stay right where they are.
.... As the pictures showed the Front two (2) Mirage BPS 400 subs will be relocated to the left and right.

We also decided that the Left Front Mirage BPS 400 Sub will be relocated to match the right side.
In doing that it is then necessary to Switch the Front Classe' Amps with the JML speakers beside them.
That will be placing the JML speakers next to the Stewart Gray Hawk screen on it's Left & Right.
Moving the Classe' Amps to where the JML Front speakers are now located.
In doing this the Left Mirage BPS 400 Sub will (Not) then be Firing Directly at the Left-Front JML speaker.

I also got the name of the painter that Charles uses to do the Drywall & Painting when they do the Home Theaters.
So I now have that contact to get the HT completely painted in Non-Glare, Flat Black plus getting the Drywall repaired from moving things around.

Looks like I will be looking at a few weeks out for Jason (Lead Technician) and his Assistant to do the work.

This is Charles & Jason below back in 2012.
Jason on the Left & Charles on Right.

Here is Charles as of yesterday with his glasses on.

Picture below of the Latest Changes coming in a few weeks.

Terry

Mitsubishi New 16-Seer, 24,000 BTU Split-Unit ... for Heating/Cooling & Humidity control of Home Theater
Marantz Pre-Amp Processor: ... AV8805
Panasonic DP-UB9000 New ... HDR 4K UHD Blu-ray Player:
Roku: New ... 2022 Ultra HD-4K-HDR-Atmos Streaming Player
JVC RS4100 New ... Laser Projector
Lumagen Radiance Pro New ... 4242 18G Ultra HD Video Processor
Stewart Filmscreen: New ... Stewart StudioTek 130 G4 123" 16x9 W/4-Way Remote Masking
JML Speakers ... 2-JM Lab Utopia Mezzo Front, 2-Side Utopia, 2-Rear Mini Utopia
Focal Sopra ... Center Channel
Triad Atmos New ... 6 Triad Custom Repeat Gold 8 Mini Monitor Plus in-ceiling speakers W/Matching Flat Black Grills
SVS PB16-Ultra Subwoofers New ... 4 PB-16 ULTRA Subs
Transparent Speaker Cables ... Transparent TW Plus HP 10-2 W/Plus Bricks
Classe' Amps ... 2-CA201, 1-CAM-350, 2-CA-M400
ATI AT526NC New ... ATI AT526NC 6 Channel Amp for
6 Triad Atmos in-ceiling speakers
A/C Power New ... All Separate 20-Amp Circuits W/Dedicated Hospital Grade Receptacles
Richard Gray Power Conditioners New ...
1- RGPC-1200S, 9-RGPC-400S
Panamax MB1500 ... 2023 New 1500VA UPS Battery Backup for JVC RS4100 laser projector
Eaton ... Ultimate Home Surge Protection
CRITEC TDX100M New ... Modular Series Home Transient Voltage Surge Suppressor
HT Components/Gear Cooling ... 3-sets of Z-Fans, Cool-Stack I, Suncourt Variable Speed Thru Wall Fan
ATM ... Active Thermal Management Cool Stack 1 Exhaust Fan Assembly
Home Theater Component Mid Atlantic Rack ... Slide-Out 50" Track
Sanus CFR1620 ... Modular open-frame component rack with Middle Atlantic 4-Post H/D Shelves
Room Acoustic ... Acoustic Innovations panels
Seating ... Ekornes Stressless Wave
Rosco Velour Black 6003 ... 2-coats of Black primer.
Then 2-coats of Full-Strength Rosco #6003 UN-Diluted to complete Dedicated Home Theater
Area Shag Rug New ... Liliah Deep Black Low-Shag by Andover Mills 12' x 15' Rectangle Area-Rug
Custom Calibrated H/T New ... Chad Billheimer on September 4th 2023 did my JVC RS4100.
The results were 100% Totally Awesome I Highly recommend his services. https://www.hdtvbychadb.com/home-1.html

Last edited by tigerhonaker; 08-31-2018 at 03:04 PM.